Announcement Myths of Taborea Closure

Discussion in 'Announcements & Events' started by Seiichi, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Seiichi

Seiichi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

It is with much regret that I am having to announce the closure of Myths of Taborea, our Runes of Magic server. This decision hasn't come easily as myself, @Light and @Stealth have been discussing options for what we could do to improve the state of the server, or what can be done with it. However due to low population, and a serious lack of communication from the dev team the only option is that we will be shutting down the server.

For the sake of transparency, I have personally reached out at times to either get changes or communication going to try to resolve some of the issues with the server (most notably the ini change fiasco that plagued the server for the better part of a year). I also reached out to discuss options regarding what to do with the server and either was met with silence, or would have to wait long stretches of time before I heard anything back.

Rather than shutting down the server, my original intention was for AdeptGamer to completely eat the loss and fund the server for 3-4 months while Danger/Erzon took over total management and setup their account and payment systems up.
    • I initially attempted to bring up the issues with the server in early August, but never got a real response.
    • I then begun attempts to initiate discussion on splitting the server off under their management, but still got no real response.
    • The subject of splitting the server off wasn't put forward until Novemever, and we got no actual solid response until February, where I was told by Danger our only option was to either close the server, or to continue running it with Erzon as it is.
    For further sake of transparency, the reason as to why we started considering server closure around August is after August the population (and by extension income) took a significant drop. Closing a server is generally the last thing I want to do as my first concern is usually the players; people invest time and their money into a server, and to just choose to shut it down is in my opinion a betrayal of the trust and faith those players give us. As such we (AdeptGamer) continued to eat losses on the server, and I continued to try to come to some reasonable option.

Continuing to run the server the way it has run is not an option, especially considering that there has never been much communication, so we have been left with no other option but to close the server.

I have currently disabled the ability to make Runes of Magic accounts, and have also disabled the ability to buy Diamonds so as to not create any confusion to players.

I am again sorry for this decision, but being left with the choices that we were given this is the best one that we could pick. If we do in the future decide to create a new Runes of Magic server, we will be doing so with our own internal team, and will hopefully see some of the players that have maintained activity even with the failings of the current server.

2. Loading...

3. tristan

tristan New Member

You can close the server sur but maybe do something for player who have invested time and money on your game

4. Seiichi

The Runes of Magic server password was changed a while back and we were never given the new credentials, so until @Stealth can clear some time to get us it we don't have access ourselves; when we do we can see about doing something (I know Kratox wants to do some things himself).

5. demonlord

demonlord Member

really sad to see this ive left for about 5 moths already because ive seen this coming and after trying to offer my help and proposes stuff to make the server more then 3-6 population total and see nothing changes i left. This server could have been so much more better but unfortunally admins didnt seen this the way i see it and here we are no more fun runes of magic server only crappy arcadia left :p

6. Seiichi

That was a consistent theme, yes.

We still haven't found a content dev, as they either do not fit what we're wanting or they're bad at communicating (this is something I'm not willing to deal with again personally). Once more has been done with Dragon's Prophet, I may look at spending a bit more time finding a content dev, but for now we'll probably just do so passively.

7. demonlord

demonlord Member

Nice to see that u didnt gave up on runes of magic. I will probly come play if ever a server is reopen. Until then i wish u best of luck finding the right people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.